Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Things I love in or about Ghana

-Bucket bathes
-torrential rainstorms, especially the sound of rain on a tin roof
-fanice (frozen yogurt/milk that comes in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry)
-football...I have a growing appreciation for soccer. It's a great game.
-the beer only comes in 24oz bottles
-soda comes in glass bottles
-Ghanaians are, for the most part, incredibly nice and helpful
-little kids love me and always call out my name to say hi or fight over who gets to hold my hand.
-my new name is Sister Ama, because I was born on a Saturday. It's Ghanaian thing.
-amazing sunsets and sunrises
-the stars at night
-sleeping in the pattern of the sun. Going to bed at sunset, waking up when the sunrises
-plantain chips
-the 2-yard. 2 yards of cloth that are used for a dress, blanket, towel, baby bjorn, ect.
-goats and chickens roam about everywhere
-goats like to climb on things like piles of wood and just stand there. The king of their mountain.
-I actually like goat meat, at least the one time I had it
-the avocados are huge and taste just like Haas avocados.

0 Comments: